Today I wanted to share a simple and quick flower tutorial using the Forget Me Nots (0532) file. I used this file to make roses J.
You will need cardstock, water bottle/mini misters and adhesive. I personally like to use white cardstock and color the flowers with Glimmer Mist. Ink for edges and heating tool are optional.
1. Open your Forget Me Nots (0532) file in Fun Time
2. Break the group of flowers and remove the centers and leaves (optional) Leave centers if you are going to add steams.
3. Once the file is cut, remove from your BossKut Gazelle mat. For smaller flowers, I use three layers, larger flowers I like to use five layers. * You may want to ink the edges of your flowers if you choose*
4. Pinch all of your layers making sure the inter layer is pinched tighter than the outer layers.
5. Starting with the center, cup the petals and glue (I like to use a glue gun).
6. When gluing the middle to the second layer, add adhesive to the bottom and to the sides. *make sure not to put adhesive all the way to the top; you will need to bend the petals down later*
8. Continue to layer the staggering them to the previous layer adding adhesive to the bottoms only.
1. Once all of the layers are adhered, sprits the flower with water/glimmer mist just enough to get moist, but not overly saturated.
8A. Instead of using water, you may take a pen, embossing tool and bend the petals-it is harder to manipulate the petals using this method, but it works.
9. Start to bend back the petals until you are satisfied with the rose.
10. Wait until dry or speed the process with a heat tool
large flower 5 layers edges inked
Now you have a beautiful rose for your projects!
I hope you enjoyed today’s tutorial. Pop over to BossKut to purchase this file and others. Thanks for stopping by, Kenya~